Mar 23, 2007

A huntin' I will go



I've been hinting around now for awhile about looking for a new job. I am getting serious about it and I plan to revamp my resume and actually start putting it out there in the next few months. The reason I haven't yet is because I am a woman of my word....I signed up for one year in my current position and I owe my fabulous boss at least that much.

It all just boils down to the hours. When I'm working even until 3, I still have to "work" when I get home taking care of a kindergartner. I want to be able to take her to school in the mornings, spend holidays, and weekends with her. Basically, I just want to work when the rest of the country does.

There's this fantastic site....www.nursingjobs.org that's going to help me plant my resume, look at job postings, and possibly help my new employer find me.

Not only does it do that but it's also a great resource for nurses with links to Nurse-y shopping, state boards,Nursing schools, and nurse blogging.

Shane, the founder also founded Nursing voices (see the very top of this page).

Shane's also kicking up some new ideas for the site as well so I know we'll be seeing even more to come.

It's all the Internet savvy nurse needs for Internet nurse stuff!

Potential students, Nursing students, and Nurses everywhere could benefit from at least one thing on this site. Nursingjobs.org is NOT just about nursing jobs.

6 Comments:

At 11:23, Blogger Unemployed Nurse Jack said...

I just bookmarked this site a few weeks ago. It is time for me to start thinking about my first job (part time this fall) and I have so much work to do in terms of an extreme resume makeover.

I hope you find something that works well for you and A. Keep us posted.

 
At 09:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.info

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

 
At 07:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you to find the right job!

 
At 14:01, Blogger Intelinurse said...

Im bookmarking this and sharing it with classmates. Very cool. I saw Kim at Emergiblog talked about it too! Very cool-Thanks!!

 
At 10:10, Blogger Beth Coll Anderson said...

Jo - email me (Beth@pixelrn.com) when you get a chance. I am putting something together nursing-blog-wise and was wondering if you want to participate...

Beth
pixelrn.com

 
At 16:33, Blogger Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home