Sep 9, 2007

Crazy Friday




Friday was crazy and interesting. When I got to work, the first thing I noticed was all the doors are open.

They were open because the AC broke. Knowing the high that day was gonna be in the mid 90s, and how irritable I get when I'm hot, it was not a good start.

Arriving at my desk, my boss informs me that the other nurse was sick and that I will be running treatments and not Triage as usual.

I've gotten comfortable with Triage...I trained more with that. Treatments I've only trained 2 1/2 days for.

Luckily, the nurse I'm replacing (she left the position to go part-time float for school) was able to fill in for triage and was there to answer any questions that might pop up.

Things got sticky when my Doctor ordered an injection for a patient and I had no idea where we kept the supplies or drugs. At the same time I had 4 people in our waiting room waiting to be shown to a room (a lot for us). Prior Nurse saved me there too, she showed me where the supplies were and offered to give the shot while I got the patients into rooms.

At least I know I can do it now, and I'll be more comfortable next time.....but talk about being thrown to wolves.

And the AC was fixed by 10am....which was nice.

******
Ari's having some real anxiety with first grade. Once this week while dropping her off, she refused to get out of the car. I had to park and coax her out, walk her to class. The next few days she was sick, with one day she was actually....really sick (A sinus infection with psuedo-pinkeye...the eye I think was irritation from the sinuses). The other days I think she was milking it.

I asked her what was wrong with school, she says that it's boring and not as much fun. That they are working too hard.

I kind of expected this shock with 1st grade, it's not Kindergarten fun anymore. I just didn't think she'd be so stubborn about it.

She's trying to convince me to be a stay at home mom and home school her. Not gonna happen.

1 Comments:

At 16:31, Blogger Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home